Here are the guidelines and rules for posting in /r/sex – as seen in the sidebar. This is a stickied post that will appear at the top of the listing for web and mobile users. Hopefully this will reduce the incidents of mobile users not understanding the guidelines here.
r/sex is for civil discussions about all facets of sexuality and sexual relationships. It is a sex-positive community and a safe space for people of all genders and orientations.
#reddit-sex chat channel
READ the wiki with the most asked and answered questions! before posting!!
UPDATED SIDEBAR GUIDELINES: PLEASE REPORT ANY INFRACTIONS BY CLICKING THE "REPORT" BUTTON UNDER THE POST OR COMMENT
• Thought provoking self-posts and links are encouraged. Make sure you have a question included in some way in your post instead of it just being your thoughts on a topic without the encouragement of others to share their opinions/experiences.
• Absolutely no hate-speak, derogatory or disrespectful comments will be tolerated. This includes rape and sexist jokes.
• Comments that objectify people are not allowed. This includes things such as asking for pictures or comments about how you can show them a good time. People do not come here to be hit on or told that they have turned you on. Please visit another community if you are looking for that.
• All posts here are NSFW. The only ones that are marked as “NSFW” are ones that link you to websites that have NSFW images.
• Pornography, erotica, and personals don’t belong here. Post it to a more appropriate community instead.
• Memes, rage comics, and picture-based posts are not welcome here
• We are happy to address medical issues, but we are no substitute for real medical advice. No pictures of genitals are allowed. If you need to post a picture, you should be going to a doctor.
• The moderators are here for you, so please don’t hesitate to message us.
Posting and Commenting Guidelines
• Personal attacks or name-calling of any kind will not be tolerated. It will result in your comment being removed and possibly your account being banned from the sub-reddit.
• Please report any violations of the posting guidelines.
• No question is silly. However, please check the /r/sex history and FAQ to see if your question has already been answered multiple times here!
• Please no “achievement posts” (eg. I finally had my first orgasm!) except for on Sexual Achievement Sundays. There will be a post here every Sunday where you can discuss something you recently accomplished in your sexual escapades. Exceptions to this include if you are updating the community on the help they previously gave you or if you have specific, unique advice that you believe will help others to achieve what you just did.
• Dirty Pen Pals
• Gone Wild
• Ladyboners Gone Wild
• LGBT Sex
• Normal Nudes
• One Y Chromosome
• Redditor for Redditor (Personals)
• Sex Positive
• Sex Stories
• Sexy Time Chat
• The Sexperts' Lounge
• Two X Chromosomes
• How To Submit Anonymously